Thursday, September 6, 2012

Truth And Beauty

This is THE PLACE. Seriously. I am really serious about this. A 100% guaranteed FABULOUS experience will be yours!!
You absolutely love this painting as much as I do!!
Everyone needs to hold a kid on their lap and if that is truly not possible--then for gawd's sake, buy this painting!
Imagine these beauties gazing out at you everyday with their look of pure goat love! I know goats, and I think I even know these goats and believe me, you want this painting!!
You could recreate this corner in your own home!! That would be so FABULOUS!!! Truth and beauty right above your love couch!!! Yes!! Buy them all!!
Except maybe this one. You can buy it, since I am having popcorn for dinner, but then PLEASE give this wee fox to me!!!
Que Guapo!!! You need this painting for absolutemente!!! And pardon the poor espanol.  But this man is just screaming for decent Spanish and an appreciative owner!!
70 degrees and for gawd's sake, still cloudy. I am in hog heaven with these clouds.  Today I had some major issues along the lines of surviving the next month and I knew before I tackled that heart quickening adventure, I had to do something meaningful, real, and FABULOUS.  I hopped on my bike, which is a damn funny image for a woman of "my age" and skedaddled down to MUDDY WATERS in order to witness first hand the paintings hung by THE WORLD'S GREATEST ARTIST. Don't worry, I can explain all of my dramatic statements.  Here goes: "my age"--at the risk of writing an ENTIRE NOVEL about a woman of my age, that would be me, and all of the challenges and oh yeah the joys that come along with this never walked path, I will suffice it to say that my age means sore joints and muscles if I climb trees, and the need to do way too many sit-ups that no one will ever notice, and my hair turning a permanently kind of cool but perhaps a bit cronish shade of grey under the mouse brown and . . . OK. You see how this can go on forever? Yawn. I am putting myself to sleep. Next? Skedaddle!!!! What a FABULOUS WORD!!! It is so Lake I am so Woebegone and down home and don't you love it? What an image!!! Next--MUDDY WATERS!!!! When the GREATEST ARTIST ON THE PLANET has her opening/closing reception--I will give you FULL DETAILS as to how to get there, how it started, and when the event of the century is for sure--but in the meantime . . . shame (such a strong word!) on you if you don't know why the name, and if you don't know where it is--good gawd put down the starbucks already!!! and PLEASE GO THERE right now!!! Even under these cloudy skies in order to REMEMBER, like a sweet and strong slap alongside your head--EXACTLY what community really, really is.  No. Not the Marshalls on the corner of State. Heaven forbid it is NOT one of the many generic spots which move in and out like well-oiled consumption machines in any of our paseos!! Oh! So bilingual of me!!! Muddy Waters is what we, dear people who live here with me in this time and place, have left in Santa Barbara.  A place to sit together and catch up in real time, look deeply into some one's actual eyes, hear some real life chatter not filtered into cell phones, AND MOST IMPORTANTLY--see some wonderful art.  NEXT AND MOST IMPORTANTLY!!!! Ingrid Honore. Her work is truthful and beautiful and hangs on the walls of Muddy Water like fancy, shimmering rich jewels of paint shot through with her unique perspective.  All at once she can lay bare the spirit of a small alien fox, speak to us through the eyes of a lil goat herd, and expose the heart and soul of friends real and imagined. If you are lucky enough to own one of her works of art, one of her paintings, you know what it is to rest your eye and heart on the purity of her vision and the truth of her experience in this lifetime. INGRID is THE GREATEST ARTIST ALIVE ON THE PLANET because she lives a life devoted to finding and embodying the truth always, and because every single thing she touches is beauty.  There are artists in books and masters in museums, but Ingrid Honore is a force to be reckoned with, and she is here and she is with us now. GO! GO TO MUDDY WATERS RIGHT NOW and buy one or all for gawd's sake--how can you choose? of her WONDERFUL,WONDERFUL paintings. There is nothing greater you can do with your life than spend time developing relationships with the artists, musicians, writers, and the REAL people of Santa Barbara gathered together under the full moon art chandelier that is INGRID'S PAINTINGS. PLEASE SUPPORT SANTA BARBARA'S FINEST ARTIST!!! and LOVE ALWAYS!!!

3 comments:

  1. God these are great, I love the goats so much.
    You need to come and get these bags of fabric.
    Call me. xo Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the paintings!!! Totally wonderful! Hope to see them soon.

    ReplyDelete