Thursday, September 20, 2012

Race of Beings

I am going to replace each one of the negative things I experienced today with a  FABULOUS picture of these trees.

Ancient shepherds of the forest. I believe it.

So much beauty.

Ha ha ha. This tree is for the pile-up of people in front of the Apple store in very, very dingy sleeping bags and what were they waiting for I wonder but I really don't care.

See? It's sweet, right? Just ready to set sail!!!
75 degrees and sunny, sunny, sunny. Yesterday I loved myself for inventing the word "enth", I am quite sure it was me who first set that word awalking on the earth-but if you google it and find out that I am mistaken? Please, do not tell me. Today we are going to wander around a little bit, quite frankly I feel like treading gently through my world today, so here is what is happening: early morning is a fragile and precious bright light time of day. So still and such peace. The birds are pretty much the only sound I hear as I put my tiny kitchen back together and marvel at each one of the AWESOME and INTERESTING foods that came up my stairs in a generosity bag sent by some old and dear friends and carried to me by their beautiful son. And how sweet it is to be able to accept a gift--not easy--but sweet nevertheless. And what an adventure to receive groceries picked out by someone else for me-little treasures and how did they know favorites. Fox thanks you profusely for the popcorn. His best begging food. Then off to my usual rounds of trying to make myself useful-- picking up the dropped lines, nails and screws, pins, and attitudes of the young and unwilling--and having my feelings hurt a little because I cannot match up to the GIGANTIC personalities of performers and so WHY TRY? I am asking myself this as I walk along one of my most beautiful and one of our best streets which as EVERYBODY knows, is lined with--are you ready? I am bringing it full circle as all good writers are supposed to--lined with ENTS cleverly disguised as trees. Breathe them in, TREES. The glorious dancing sculpture of their trunks and limbs and branches. The texture of bark and the float and sway of the leaves. The seriously perfect shades of green. When I was little and my Dad first tried to tell me about death and dying, the VERY FIRST THING I SAID WAS: "Wait, you mean I have to leave the trees?" From Enth to Ent. From kitchen destruction to kitchen sublime. From angst about situations I will never control to the afternoon sun strobe lighting myself and me as I am shepherded along under the protective arms of my friends from middle-Earth, the ENTS. Let it all go they whisper. Everything is better than good. Love always!

No comments:

Post a Comment