Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Let Us Be Lovers

Lucky is my rescue dog. Scooped off the streets of Oxnard a lucky 4 years ago and my luckiest companion ever. She always looks a little worried.
Remember that song? Simon and Garfunkel got me to California a lifetime ago, but I feel too sick to tell you about that right now.  Ask me to later, OK? It's a good story. 68 degrees and overcast. Hahaha. Yeah. Southern California. The land of liquid gold, the gold rush, the golden sun, everyday golden. All of those golden type references EXCEPT now because it is oh so thick OVERCAST which is NOT in any way cloudy. AND get this--look back at yesterday's temperature and skies!! EXACETALLY (as Alice would say) the same! Groundhog power for sure. So with a splitting my head ache, and yet ANOTHER sleepless night (what is going on?) you can tell I discovered the parentheses key so perhaps today (because of my headache I will lay off the multiple exclamation hits a bit)--one can only hope, I have just a few words to share with you. But here is a MENTAL HEALTH MOMENT!!! YES! I give myself permission to go back to bed for a couple of hours with my rescue dog and best pictures surrounding me and some water and just rest. I did an amazing thing (thanks to my NY son) and downloaded an entire year (almost) of pictures off my teeny tiny camera and as a few hundred photos flashed by to be stored and filed on my computer and deleted from my camera (thank you camera computer EXPERT TH!!) my entire life flew by like a tiny slideshow.  There were pictures of everything I have made and mailed, every place I walked and marveled over, pictures of Grandpa with his tennis ball--playing, playing, playing, and then no more of him (sigh times a brazillion), the house I painted, the lot I felled, and it was impressive. So impressive in fact I felt the need to do NOTHING MORE but nap for a bit and get better. So you do the same thing whenever you need to and hopefully you have a wall surround of glorious pictures and a flea-free friend to snuggle with and your favorite books all around, and your computer OFF and your phone OFF. That's what I call health insurance and a mental health moment and DANG!!!! Someone needs to buy me the wee fox painting from THE GREATEST ARTIST IN THE WORLD which is still hanging at MUDDY WATERS!! The goats are SOLD but the fox remains!!! Love always and always!!

No comments:

Post a Comment