Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Optimism, thy name is . . .

Remember? In Fellini's films you are oh so intently watching and listening to the story and in the background is a flat going by with oddly painted people riding on it or just a strange looking person making a face at you? 
65 degrees and oh clear oh clear oh clear. Funny thought, I was looking at the 2" THICK at least new catalogue for Restoration Hardware and wondering who in the hell has the money for 90% of that stuff and who in the real hell has the TIME to look through it all? Then--inside the front cover TA DA!!! YET ANOTHER TESTIMONIAL to "fearlessly fighting" for our beliefs and remaining "hopelessly optimistic" WHAT???? ABOUT THE THREE BIG ONES---life, love, and Twinkies--no, no, I'm kidding--the future . . .  then according to this SO ACCOMPLISHED and INFINITELY SUCCESSFUL well-dressed and immaculately groomed and photographed pres of the company, then we will create an authentic connection!!! Oh good! So here I am hahahahaha like a modern day Fellini movie-pushing home my saved by the backstage crew guys (THANK YOU GUYS!!!) at the theatre, kindling for my winter fires!!! Ahhhh!!! Now THAT is realistic optimism and THAT is an authentic connection. GEEZ. Remind me to tell you my Oprah story someday. But yeah, please, please people--stop posing all rich and famous and successful and at the top of the rat race game and shredding your pearls of wisdom to the lesser, less hopelessly optimistic, less lucky, and YES, less wealthy among us--and just go play with your toys.  I have taken my head out from under my depression pillow of last night (thankfully) and managed to accomplish small miracles today--not the least of which is getting this bag lady shopping cart full of wood to my home. Love always and THANK YOU for reading my blog.

3 comments:

  1. Is Daniel Girard still doing sets with the theatre?

    ReplyDelete
  2. nnnnoooooo. he quit years ago over "differences". some of the same differences that i am still struggling with. sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I remember those "differences" well. =)

    ReplyDelete