Tuesday, September 18, 2012

The End of Despair

The end of despair comes in moments perfectly appreciated.

There is nothing in life that ever comes close to the perfection of this.
66 degrees and darkly clear. nighttime. I have come to my conclusion that the end of despair comes in learning something new just for the beauty of it, the ease and gentle push and shove in conversation with someone who loves you, the shadow of a red-tailed hawk flying oh so close, the wave from workers camped out on a hot mountainside under the coolness of a lunchtime tree, the shared memories of lives lived to the fullest, the sweet smell of baking cupcakes fueled by a true friend's generosity, the warmth and glow of a home loudly rocking with the kindest of words and the dearest of company, the butterfly clip in an old street woman's hair, the deep holes and ditches in a back country road and the pickup truck that flies over them, plastic cows and sheep grazing on a far distant lawn, champagne cheap enough to buy two bottles and good enough to drink for dinner, the ecstatic beyond words greeting from my loyal four-leggeds, the twinkle of my happy lights to welcome me home, and a sunlit golden chunk of sap amber fallen from a tree at our feet to remind us of how far we have come together and how perfect the moment we share now. All of this extreme beauty and love happened today, this day that I will never have again, because I chose a different path this morning. Today I threw my paddle to the bottom of the boat and drifted along on THE CURRENT OF LIFE AS IT COMES. And oh YES, it was better than good. Love always!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Whooooooooodeeeeeeeeeddooooooooooogirlyouaresogood!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummmmm well i could say something really clever here like it takes one to know one, or i learned all i know from the best (that would be you) but i think i will just say much love always my friend!!! and thanks!!!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete