Saturday, September 29, 2012

One Quick Breath

I know. This really is my back but I never see it. It was my own private Idaho therapy when I was a teacher in Oxnard.
63 degrees and dark. so dark. and a harvest moon hanging over it all. I have been thinking A LOT today about attitude and how crazy I go over many, many things in our little high priced beach town and I begin the morning all dreamy like usual and WHAM!! Into the theatre specific madness called 12 hour tech days. Two of them, a day apart and 12 hour tech days are wonderful little human being experiments in cooperation, patience, COOPERATION and PATIENCE and I really, really mean that--as lights are clicked in and readjusted a brazillion times and sound cues are built and tested and rebuilt and retested times a brazillion--costumes tweaked every which way imaginable, and with ALL OF THAT are the dear actors themselves--staggering out a couple of lines and then "hold please!!" times a brazillion and I am thinking that the MAGIC in all of this is US. How we work together, create together, and believe in what we are doing SO MUCH that VOILA!!! Opening night, a successful run, closing, and then? We get to move on if we are so lucky and so chosen. Ahhhh. The life of live theatre really and truly is a life. And much of my time for the past three days has been spent in recovering from my OUCH oral surgery, and I decided to put aside a TRUCKLOAD of angst as to "What should I be doing with my life? And what is my true passion? And how can I save the planet? And how can I have a meaningful life?" and just do SIMPLY and wholeheartedly what is in front of me. And I have to must and simply am gonna say that technique, attitude change, or WHATEVER worked beautifully.  Plenty of things to do came my way: mend many costumes, laundry, finding a million little thises and thats, being nice, being patient, being supportive, being kind, eating the leftover cake, and skedaddling home to write to you!! Yeah. I like this new attitude. One more major shift WHICH I ADORE!!! is absolutely no fucking way whatsoever comparing myself to ANYONE. Done. I'm through. A very specific kind of horse blinders are going on this old horse and even though you might not be able to teach an old dog new tricks, I am living proof that you can teach an old horse a new way of seeing. And that is EXACETALLY as Alice would say, how I am playing the game forever and even longer from now on and always!! Tomorrow is DAY THIRTY!!! Look at that!! I really do have discipline! I set a goal and tomorrow I will achieve it!! That makes me so happy I KNOW I will have sweet dreams and with all my heart, I hope you do too. Love always!!

6 comments:

  1. Great post and beautiful back!! MIss you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh LL. Thanks for the kind words. Are you acting well? Hope so!! Miss you as well. Stay happy and healthy!! I am working SO HARD on getting in shape!!! xoxoxoxo LL

      Delete
  2. YES!!! Love the theatre with you in it and LOVE the blinders you're putting on! And who on Earth could compare to you, anyway???
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AAAAHHH. That is such a kind thing and MUCH APPRECIATED by me thing for you to say sweet girl who is GOING ON A GREAT ADVENTURE!!! Really soon!!! xoxoxoxo

      Delete
  3. Congratulations in your commitment to writing and sharing your thoughts! Beautiful photo too! Love to you Lise!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love you so honey!!!! THANKS for reading my writings!!! and typos. sigh. oh well!!! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete