Wednesday, September 26, 2012

My Friend the King

70 degrees and oh let me guess, CLEAR. How curious that I live in a city where I literally PRAY FOR BAD WEATHER. hahahahaha. I bet you thought that because I just crawled home from the oral surgeon's and crawled out from under my covers (I know. That is a lot of crawling.) that my post would be somewhat subdued and thankfully quiet today!! HA once again! No. That will probably never happen and although I know that everyone does not read or adore my verbal verbage, and IF I EVER GET PUBLISHED, I will not be looking for my titles to climb in the bestseller lists (or will I?)it just doesn't matter to me, because talking is what I do and when my wee dogs just give me that on the very, very edge of speaking silence but with their little doggy back ends wagging-corgis have no tails after all--or their little kid velvet painting huge eyed expressions but still without answering back I KNOW that writing is what I must do. Thank gawd for you my so AWESOME and somewhat tortured by my sheer length of posts readers! You can disagree, although maybe not today because OUCH my mouth is banging or just hit DELETE!!! How sweet is that? But if you are along for the jabberwocky experience POST oral surgery--well, I am glad. A friend who had not understood my 30 days worried that perhaps I was going to  . . . . . start a cupcake shop? walk across the country? move to Manhattan? paddle some small craft to the Bahamas? or way, way inappropriate for ANYONE-stick my head in the proverbial oven--but no, nothing that dramatic. My 30 day writing discipline is JUST THAT--a discipline AND breaking my junior high school obsession with FB-checking it 9,000 times a day to see if anyone had written to me, checking out everyone else's happy perfect lives, checking, checking, checking. Yeah. I had to make a bold move and people!!! IT WORKED!!! Now I download all of my lennnngthy prose onto my beloved blog and make a life for myself other than cyber!!! Yaaaay me! I am getting to the less anti-social place where I might even welcome visitors (oh good gawd) or knock on your door myself!!! I can smile at people now in the bright sunlight, carry on waaaay too close to my face conversations with people a brazillion times more excited than me, and I only have to cover up my missing teeth side of my mouth when I smile--which, quite frankly, I only try to do once a month or so. Kidding! Yeah. It's all good. The irony does not escape me that I took King Lear along for the walk to my oral surgeon's today. I missed him at UCSB somehow and Shakespeare's words-each phrase explained by a PAGE of definitions like good gawd let me just struggle a bit ok and see if I can understand the man myself, had a wonderful and soothing effect on me. I love books more than anything else in my life. When I was so skinny and scrawny and homely and NOT POPULAR back in the dark ages of the 50's and 60's I spent my entire childhood chasing down dragonflies by day and fireflies by night and scrabbling around in creekbeds and cornfields and always ALWAYS with AT LEAST one book under my arm and usually an entire stack. Ahhh THEY WERE (ARE) SUCH MY BEST FRIENDS. I am down one more tooth today-thanks to insufficient enamel on my adult teeth and also probably thanks to the discovery back in that same dark time of every conceivable sort of packaged sugar coated everything--from cereals to candies to cookies to drinks-man, we lived on sugar. In the summer my lips were permanently dyed hideous colors from the kool-aid packs and there was a Kelloggs factory not far from us and the KILLER smell of sugar pops on an 85 degree summer evening is still within my grasp. An ETERNALLY GRATEFUL thank you goes out to some friends who helped me out this past week in more ways than one and after I let you off the long post hook and crawl back into my bed plus one dog, I will think of them toasting to my missing tooth smile and the end of TWO YEARS of pain and infection! Yep. Their support helped me put an end to that torture and I am so grateful they are in my life. "The weight of this sad time we must obey; Speak what we feel, not what we ought to say." Yes I whine. Yes I feel sorry for myself. But BELIEVE ME--anytime you want to whine to me or feel sorry for yourself on MY TIME--I'm your huckleberry. You know where to reach me and LOVE ALWAYS!!!

1 comment:

  1. jabberwocky experience... is perfect. love, you newest fan :)

    ReplyDelete