Saturday, June 29, 2013

A Blessing and a Curse

This Saturday morning is a brilliant one. Sitting here at command central, high above the street, I am surrounded by the sky reaching arms of trees filled with singing birds. Downtown is sleepy at this hour even and hasn't yet remembered that commerce is its business. I can imagine surfers in their slippery dark seal suits waxing their boards and preparing to catch the perfect waves which I just know are breaking right off shore. Sometimes it is perfection itself to live here.  When my mind is scrabbling about like a mouse seeking shelter, in between theatre jobs is always the worst, I drive myself and everyone else more than a little crazy.  So last night I pulled out my two precious boxes of scraps (thank you Linda!!!) which have survived numerous "You have got to change your life and what you do with it for gawd's sake purges!!" and started piecing completely discordant but colorfully raucous squares together for the back of a sit on the floor and watch movies with pillows and yogurtlandia (sorbet! no dairy!) blanket for someone I love beyond words.  NO I will not make them to sell. No I will not put them on Etsy.  Even though I am completely frustrated with all things connected to sewing, stitching, design, costuming, selling, Etsying, etc etc etc--when I can think of something to make?  My sewing skills are my saving grace for sure. And with the sun hitting it from behind, my house is lit with color.  I have stitched cloth together my entire life. It is my longest magnificent obsession.

Love always!!

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! I love it! And this post! And you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much gretchen. it is pretty easy to make beautiful things for the fabulous xanxan and i know you know what i mean. looooooooove all the pictures of you and CONGRATULATIONS once again!!!! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete