Thursday, September 8, 2011

The NB and BF dress




I scared myself last night, looking at all of the rules and listing guidelines for ETSY, and realizing, once again, that I tend to play in the sandbox filled with glitter and cookie crumbs. Oh and dog hair!! The corgis are always shedding!! So when I listed my NERVOUS BREAKDOWN and BODY FAULTS dress in my store, I featured a tag from the Metric song, and deliberately downplayed the politically incorrect aspect of my stitching and writing. For those of you who know me, and those who never will, you know that I am not promoting the idea of body faults, and I am for sure not making fun of nervous breakdowns--real or imagined. The NB and BF dress was a figment of my imagination--you know, the imagination that should be sent to the corner more often than not? The one that never lets me finish anything without still noticing the missed stitch or crooked trim, the one that makes me keep my arms covered and skirts long, the one that is never, ever satisfied and content to say: "Hey! This is GREAT!!!" Perfect or not. Stitch perfect or not. Details perfect or not. My friend Linda believes that I am an open and world class whiner and I suppose that is true, and for your days when whining on your own just isn't enough? Wear this dress!! You will laugh yourself silly over all of the writing, and wrapped in cotton flannel and zipping and unzipping the belt zippers is like popping bubble wrap! Trust me, you will forget your problems!! Love always and thanks for listening!! Same time next week?

3 comments:

  1. thanks linda!did you get the whining reference? you are the only person who could have said that and make me laugh. oh my gawd. the years i have whined!! lol as my gd would say!!! lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. jeez Lise did I say you whined? That sounds not so nice of me!

    ReplyDelete